For all of you who have been waiting for me to write this latest Auto buzz, here I am, with the Honda Acura TSX. The Acura TSX is an automobile manufactured by Honda, introduced in April 2003, it was sold only in the United States and Canada but from the 2009 model year on, will be avalable also in Mexico. Sold in North America under the Acura name, it filled the gap as Acura’s 4-door, entry-level sedan when the Integra sedan was discontinued in 2001. The TSX is badge engineered from the CL-series Honda Accord (or European Accord) sold in Europe, Japan and Australia. However, the TSX had a restyled interior and different suspension tuning when it was introduced. The interior is now standardized for all three markets. In the Australian & New Zealand markets, Honda sells the TSX as the Accord Euro, a smaller mid-size car, where the USDM Accord is sold in the large car category. As of 2008, the TSX is the smallest sedan in the Acura model line, other than the Civic-based CSX sold only in Canada.
- Ranked best resale value in the Sedan category in CNN’s “Best Resale Value Cars” article on November 29, 2006.
- The Acura TSX was on Car and Driver‘s Ten Best list in its first three years of production (2004 – 2006).
- Top-Value Car of 2004 in the Category: Sedan under $35,000 from SmartMoney.com.
- It has received the “Frontal Five Star Rating” from the NHTSA‘s frontal crash tests.
- “Best Pick” in a Frontal Impact from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
- In November, 2004, the TSX earned Consumer Reports’ “Recommended” mark; in addition they rated the car “best overall in tests of four sporty sedans.” In April 2007, the magazine rated used TSX’ a “Good bet.”
When the TSX bowed as a 2004 model, it earned a modest reputation for sporty, agile behavior.
Following are the engine specifications of this performer:
- Engine Type: Aluminum alloy in-line 4-cylinder
- Displacement (liters): 2.4
- Compression ratio: 10.5:1
- Valvetrain: 16-Valve, DOHC, i-VTEC
- Horsepower: 205@7000rpm
- Torque: 164lbs-ft@4500 rpm
- Redline: 7100 rpm
- Fuel System: PGM-F1 Multi-point Injection
- Ignition: Electronic Direct
- Throttle Control: Drive-by-wire throttle system
- Emission: LEV-2
- Cooling System Capacity: Manual: 5.3 liters Automatic: 7.3 liters
- Crankcase Refill capacity: 4.0 liters
With this kind of specifications, the prices are bound to touch the sky-facing. Here goes the pricing for this smooth darling:
TSX 5-Speed Automatic/6-Speed Manual: Starting at $28,190
+ Navigation System: Starting at $30,290